College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
These national exams determine your knowledge in a particular area and grant you college credit for it. Each exam is multiple choice and 90 minutes in length. The CLEP exams are given between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the Student Service Testing Center, Room 262. The registration deadline is two days before the test date. The fee for each CLEP exam is $55.00 to CLEP and $15.00 to WSU.
- You may take CLEP exams at Weber State University any month of the year.
- You may earn from three to eight credits depending on the test and your score.
- You may take general exams in English composition, social science/history, natural sciences and humanities as well as ten other subject exams.
- You may take CLEP tests before you are accepted at WSU, and your credits will be evaluated as soon as you are enrolled.
- Each exam will cost you and/or your family $46 to $58.
- CLEP credit is pass/fail: You won't get a letter grade. Some university and college programs won't accept CLEP scores in place of a course with a grade.
- If you've laready taken courses which satisfy general education requirements, you will only be eligible for partial credit through CLEP.
- If you've already registered and completed a concurrent enrollment or university course or received AP credit, you cannot receive CLEP credit for the same material.
Learn more about CLEP at Weber State University.