Commercial Emphasis Major: French, German, or Spanish
- Program Prerequisite: Completion of first and second-year courses
in the language or equivalent preparation.
- Minor required.
- A grade of "C" or better in courses required for this major (a grade of "C-" is
not acceptable). Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation.
- A total of 120 credit hours is required for graduation—40 hours
of these must be upper division (courses numbered 3000 and above).
For the major, a minimum of 30 upper division hours is
required beyond the prerequisite lower division courses (prerequisite
courses, if needed, total 16 credit hours). At least 6 credit
hours of major courses must be completed at WSU.
Foreign Language majors are encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor
at least annually for course and program advisement. Call 626-6183
for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to
the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Officially declare your program of study. There are no special
admission or application requirements for this major.
Refer to General Requirements of this catalog for Bachelor of Arts requirements.
Course Requirements for Bachelor Degree
Complete the following 16 credit hours (or demonstrate equivalent
- ForLng 1010 First Year I (4)
- ForLng 1020 First Year II (4)
- ForLng HU2010 Second Year I (4)
- ForLng 2020 Second Year II (4)
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- ForLng 3060 Grammar and Composition (3)
- ForLng 3160 Introduction
to Literature (3)
- ForLng 3510 Business Language I (3)
- ForLng 3550 Studies in Culture
and Civilization (3)
- ForLng 4510 Business Language II (3)
- Select a minimum of 15 credit hours from the following:
- ForLng 3220 Phonetics and Phonology (3)
- ForLng 3300 Foreign Language
- ForLng 3320 Applied Language Studies (1-3)
- ForLng 3360 Grammar Review
- ForLng 3550 Studies in Culture and Civilization (3)
- ForLng 3630
Literature Genres (3)
- ForLng 3650 Literature Periods (3)
- ForLng 3670 Literature Authors
- ForLng 3690 Literature Special Topics in Literature (1-3)
3850 Study Abroad (1-6)
- ForLng 4300 Foreign Language Journal (1)
- ForLng 4400 Methods of
Teaching a Foreign Language (4)
- ForLng 4620 Survey of Literature
- ForLng 4630 Survey of Literature II (3)
- ForLng 4850 Study Abroad
- ForLng 4830 Directed Readings (1-3)
- ForLng 4920 Short Courses, Workshops
- ForLng 4960 Senior Seminar and Thesis (3)