The Avian Ecology Laboratory at Weber State University is dedicated to research on the ecology and behavior of birds breeding within the Great Salt Lake Ecosystem.
Primary field research sites include:
- Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge,
- Ogden Bay Waterfowl Management Area,
- Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve,
- Antelope Island State Park,
- Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area,
- Saltair Marsh,
- Timpie Springs Waterfowl Management Area,
- West Carrington Bay
Map of Great Salt Lake and Field Research Sites
The Avian Ecology Laboratory also participates in the Pan American Shorebird Program by coordinating color marking of three species:
Researchers with requests for a color marking scheme should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type "color marking scheme" in the subject line.
The laboratory is located in a newly remodeled research suite within the Engineering Technology Building on the Weber State University Campus.